Student organizations, student officers of student organizations, members and participants are separate from the University, and are not provided insurance protections or coverages.

Some organizations have local chapters of national organizations and may have some insurance protections or coverages provided by the national organizations. Requests for information regarding any possible insurance coverages for student organizations should be directed to the national office for that organization.

Student organizations seeking to hold special events on university property may be able to purchase special event liability insurance through the university’s TULIP program. In addition some student organizations such as sports clubs may purchase accident insurance for participants.

For use of University vehicles for/ by student organizations please see the transportation services page.