Please note:   The following information applies to CSU employees employed out of state, not to CSU employees who are temporarily working or attending training out of state. 

CSU out of state employees follow all the same processes as in state employees with the exceptions that follow.

Out of state claims are handled by Traveler’s Insurance.

For information regarding workers compensation rules in your state and accessible medical providers, please visit their website:

Once you file a claim you will be provided a claim number and contact person with Travelers. You will need provide this  information to any medical providers you have or will see so that they will deal with Travelers directly and not bill you for your care.

Missed Time & Wage Replacement Benefits. 

Workers’ Compensation wage loss benefits are typically a percentage of an employee’s normal wages.   As part of Colorado State University’s benefits package, we offer Injury Leave to eligible employees.  This benefit provides for full salary/wage continuation  during periods of approved absences while under a compensable Worker’s Compensation claim,  provided the University receives the wage replacement payments paid by the carrier.

In Colorado and a number of other states, Workers’ Compensation payments can be paid directly to the University for employees on injury leave/wage continuation. However, in some states, state law requires that such payments be made directly to the employee.  In those instances, employees who wish to take advantage of the injury leave benefits must sign over and send in wage replacement payments received by Travelers directly to:

CSU Workers’ Compensation
Office of Risk Management and Insurance
6002 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO  80523-6002

These payments need to be sent to the University as soon as they are received.  Failure to do so will render the employee ineligible for full pay under the injury leave benefit.

Reimbursements for expenses are the employee’s to keep and should not be sent to CSU.

More Information on Injury Leave (PDF)

For more information please see the Out of State Claim Package (PDF).

Contact CSU Workers’ Compensation

1251 S. Mason Street, Campus Delivery 6002
Fort Collins, CO 80523-6002
(970) 491-4832, (970)  FAX (970)491-4804