Students walk on the plaza in east of the Lory Student Center, Colorado State University.

Workers’ Compensation is an exclusive remedy for workplace injuries or illnesses. It provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured in the course and scope of employment.

If you would like to report an incident or work-related injury to a CSU employee, which happened as part of their CSU-paid work duties, please visit RMI’s File an Incident webpage.

The Workers’ Compensation team works cooperatively with a variety of resources to assist in the prevention of injuries and managing them when they occur. Our goal is to work with our employees, departments and medical providers to maximize recovery.

Colorado State University has employees throughout the United States and provides Workers Compensation coverage, as required by the respective state, for employees who are injured in the course and scope of their job.

CSU is self-insured for Colorado Workers’ Compensation claims and claims are handled by a Third Party Administrator (TPA):

Gallagher Bassett (GB)
PO Box 2934
Clinton, IA 52733-2934
Phone: 800-933-8143
Fax: (303) 796-9498

Out of state claims are handled by:

Travelers Insurance

File An Incident

Use this form to report an incident or work-related injury to a CSU employee, which happened as part of their CSU paid work duties

Workers' Compensation Resources

Authorized Treating Physicians

Per Colorado Workers Compensation statute, an injured employee must seek treatment from an Authorized Treating Physician (ATP).

Departmental Designated Persons

Each department has Departmental Designated Persons (DDPs), who are main contacts for employees and Risk Management throughout a Workers Compensation claim.

Injury Leave and Lost Time

On the Job Injury Leave is an additional benefit over and above the Workers’ Compensation Statutory benefits

Contact CSU Workers’ Compensation

1251 S. Mason Street, Campus Delivery 6002
Fort Collins, CO 80523-6002
(970) 491-4832, (970)  FAX (970)491-4804